Sunday 12 February 2017

Feeling the fear

Well, Roxy has gone off on loan now. Just got back from a six hour drive to Lincoln and back to drop her off. Lincoln is a lot further than  I thought. Like, a good two hours further. For some reason, I thought it was just the other side of Milton Keynes. Anyway, Roxy was good as gold in the trailer on the way up, and marched straight into her new stable and started chowing down on her hay, so I think she's going to settle in just fine. Her new home looked lovely - nicer than the yard I've got Angel at, actually. I will miss Roxy's grumpy ginger face staring angrily at me over her stable door every time I am late with her breakfast, and the funny little low whickering noise she makes when I walk into her barn. I'll miss her loads.

But this gives me time to focus on Angel. It's a bit weird, giving up the horse you adore for a year to focus on the one you're rather more ambivalent about! But Angel has loads of potential and I was just dithering about with two, not really doing anything with either of them because I immediately felt guilty about riding the other horse, so made it fair by not really riding either. That has GOT to change! I need to get on with riding Angel!

I am going to bed now as I am starting a new job tomorrow - digital marketing manager for an agency in Slough. I need to get up at 6.30am for an 8am start. Despite being horsey, I am not an early bird. Sort of the opposite, really. A lazy bird - I mean, a night owl. Yeah, that. And on that note, night night!


No comments:

Post a Comment